A record suspension service, often referred to as a pardon service in some jurisdictions, is a professional service that assists individuals with the process of applying for and obtaining a record suspension (pardon) for their criminal convictions. Record suspensions can provide significant benefits to individuals with a criminal record, such as improving their employment prospects, travel opportunities, and overall quality of life. If you have a criminal conviction, it will be difficult for you to cross borders, launch a business, or get a job in Canada. Nevertheless, you can avoid it by obtaining a Record Suspension. The knowledgeable staff at SekCheck Fingerprinting will assist you with the application procedure and professional record suspension service in Surrey, Abbotsford and Edmonton, Canada. We assist you with all aspects of the background Suspension procedure, including the criminal background check, digital fingerprinting, court information retrieval, and gathering necessary paperwork from Canadian government departments to finish the application.
What requirements must be met before applying for record suspension?
The eligibility criteria to apply for a Record Suspension (formerly known as a pardon) in Canada can vary depending on the type of offense and the specific circumstances of an individual’s criminal record. However, some general eligibility criteria include:
- Completed Sentence: You must have completed your sentence, including any imprisonment, probation, fines, or restitution orders associated with the conviction.
- Waiting Period: There is a waiting period after the completion of your sentence before you can apply for a Record Suspension. The waiting period depends on the type of offense:a) For summary offenses (less serious crimes), you must wait 5 years after completing your sentence.b) For indictable offenses (more serious crimes), you must wait 10 years after completing your sentence.
- No New Convictions: During the waiting period and the application process, you must not have been convicted of any new criminal offenses.
- All Fines and Restitution Paid: You must have paid all fines, restitution, or other financial obligations related to your convictions.
What advantages does Record Suspension offer?
- Employment Opportunities: Perhaps one of the most significant benefits is the improved access to employment opportunities. With a Record Suspension, individuals can legally state that they do not have a criminal record when applying for jobs, which can enhance their chances of securing employment.
- Career Advancement: For individuals with career aspirations that involve security clearances or professional licensing, a Record Suspension can be essential. It can make them eligible for positions that were previously off-limits due to their criminal record.
- Enhanced Travel: A Record Suspension can make it easier to travel internationally, as some countries have stringent entry requirements for individuals with criminal records. It can facilitate smoother border crossings and visa applications.
- Housing and Rental Applications: Landlords and property managers often conduct background checks on potential tenants. A Record Suspension can improve an individual’s chances of being approved for rental housing.
- Reputation and Stigma Reduction: Record Suspension helps reduce the stigma associated with having a criminal record. It allows individuals to move forward with their lives without being constantly reminded of their past mistakes.
It’s important to note that the process of obtaining a Record Suspension can be complex, time-consuming, and may involve legal fees. Eligibility criteria and waiting periods can vary depending on the nature and number of convictions. As such, individuals seeking a Record Suspension should consider seeking legal advice or assistance from organizations specializing in record suspension services to navigate the process effectively.
Acceptable payment methods
We accept all major debit, credit, master cards, and cash.